Florida's Classic VDubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a pile of parts

2 posters

Go down

Just a pile of parts Empty Just a pile of parts

Post  bugdust 2009-06-13, 15:51

I have wanted to build a full custom bug for about 20 years now. Some of the details have changed a few times but the basic premise of the project has stayed the same. The basics are: chopped top, suicide doors, RHD, full ragtop, roll-down windows, and a bunch of small details. I have been collecting parts for it for a little while. I bought a 62 ragtop just for this project but have decided not to use it for this. The 62 is a very solid car.
Just a pile of parts 62001

So, I decided to give my 67 to my son and use the 64 we started on as the base for this project since it needs so much welding done on it anyway. he's not sure he wants a VW so that may not happen either. Anyway. I picked up a 61 bug parts car just for the roof clip. It needs heater channels, lower rear quarters and some other rust repair but is in better shape overall than the 64. So, I figured I'd chop this body and once it is done put it on the 64 pan that we have already done.

64 pan
Just a pile of parts 001

61 parts car, now full-custom project
Just a pile of parts 61bug002
Just a pile of parts 61bug004

Just a pile of parts 015
Just a pile of parts 018
Just a pile of parts 017
Just a pile of parts 019

Unfortunately, I threw my back out again first thing this morning so I didn't get much done on it. My buddy Clint did most of the cutting today. I had epidural steroid injections in my back in January. I'm not sure when I will be able to get back out in the shop now. I took a couple pain killers today to get done what got done but I'm paying for it now.
Mad

Anyway, I'm doing a few things different than most so I'm chopping it a little different than most. There are easier ways to chop a top.
bugdust
bugdust

Back to top Go down

Just a pile of parts Empty Re: Just a pile of parts

Post  Admin 2009-06-13, 22:09

Looks like a fun Project Twisted Evil Keep us posted with the progress!!!! hope your back feels better, My mom has been threw like 6 back surgeries, and is still having problems so I understand the pain your going threw!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://flaclassicvdub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down